INDIANAPOLIS, IN – Ivy Tech Foundation’s Women in Philanthropy Circle of Ivy awarded $263,649 to 84 projects at its seventh annual Circle of Ivy Gathering last Friday. The initiative raises funds to diminish barriers to higher education for Ivy Tech Community College students. Circle of Ivy has a statewide reach, with a focus specifically on campus needs and projects that positively impact students.
Since its inception in 2015, Circle of Ivy has grown to more than 1,000 members. In seven years, the members have raised more than $1 million to assist with 384 projects.
“This organization has done so much over the years and continues to provide transformative experiences for Ivy Tech students. When women join together, we are a force for good. We are so proud of all the projects that have been funded by the Circle of Ivy,” said Courtney Roberts, President of the Ivy Tech Foundation.
Each campus voted on submitted proposals and the following projects will be funded:
- Anderson Campus – IvyCares (Student Emergency Aid Assistance), Give and Take Food Pantry, General Scholarship Fund
- Bloomington Campus – Alternative Spring Break Professional Development, Stone Carving Tools for Students, Accelerated Program Trip to Chicago, Oculus Quest Virtual Reality and Learning Headset for Olcott Library, Bloomington E-sports Computer Upgrades, Expansion of Outdoor Learning
- Columbus Campus – “Corner of Community” Project, Literacy Library, Workbench for Machine Tools, TV in Aviation Courses, Welding Ergonomics, Precision and Layout Tools, Summer Camp Supplies, Mirrorless Camera for Still Photography and Video, Science Education and Health Care, Precision Ag Drone, Hub Programs, Arduino Kits for IoT (Internet of Things)
- Evansville Campus – Study Abroad Funding, Technology for Advising, Adult Education and Literacy Programs, Ivy Success: Look GOOD! Feel GOOD! Do GOOD!
- Fort Wayne Campus – Helping Hands Emergency and Rent/Utility Funds, DSS Sensory Positive Study Room, Coffee with a Professor
- Hamilton County Campus – The New Tutoring Center at Ivy Tech Hamilton County, Building Community One Slice at a Time, CliftonStrengths Champions, Metacognition: The Key to Acing Courses (and Life) By Dr. Saundra McGuire
- Indianapolis Campus – Teaching Equipment for Medical Assisting, Integration of the Writing Center in the LRC Library, Teach-2-Grow English 111 Servicing Learning Course, Writing in Harmony: Summer Writing Retreat, Active Learning Classroom Resources for the School of Nursing, Elevate: “Change Starts Here”- Justice Involved Program, IvyCARES (Caring Assistance Resources for Every Student), Heat Engine Lab Equipment for the Physics Department, Re-establishing the Visual Communication Collaboration Lab, Entrepreneurship Multi-Cohort Network Building
- Kokomo Campus – Cash for Completers, Hispanic/Latinx Education Coalition, CastleBranch Record Portal for Nursing and Health Science Students, ASAP Enrichment Fund-A-Friday, New Beginnings
- Lafayette Campus – Mother’s Room, Dual Credit Student Recognition, Medical Evaluations for Students Needing Disability Services, Single Mom Student Success Tuition for IVYT111, Veteran and Homeless Community Project
- Lake County, Valparaiso, Michigan City Campuses – Road to Graduation!
- Lawrenceburg Campus – Nursing Student Refrigerator, From Garbage to Garden: The Ivy Tech Service-Learning Compost Trail, MST Trainers, Placed-Based Junior Ranger Program, ASAP Goodwill Hunting
- Madison Campus – Career Development Etiquette Dinner
- Marion Campus – Student Emergency Funds
- Muncie Campus – Rudi’s Success Net, Student Emergency Fund
- Richmond Campus – Amnesty Scholarships, NCLEX Fee Scholarship
- Sellersburg Campus – Reducing Road Risk for Commuters, Food Pantry Supplies, IvyCares Holiday Programming, Active Learning Programming, Breakthrough Ambassador Program including Mind & Body Workshops, Hot Stone Massage Equipment, Funding to Prepare Students for the Next Generation NCLEX
- South Bend/Elkhart Campus – Style Ivy; Dress for Success Initiative, Fine Dining Service Evaluation for Hospitability’s Customer Service Class, Ivy Academy & ASAP Activity Supplies, Respiratory Therapy Student Lab Bags, Employee Engagement & Recognition Committee Events Fund, The Ivy Quill Publication, Career Awareness Program at the Charles Black Center
- Terre Haute Campus – Dual Enrolled Scholarships
- Warsaw Site – Thanksgiving Meal-in-a-box, Emergency Transportation Funds, Helping Hands Emergency Funds, Basics Bank Supply Pantry
To learn more about Circle of Ivy visit ivytech.edu/circleofivy.
About Ivy Tech Community College
Ivy Tech Community College serves communities across Indiana, providing world-class education and driving economic transformation. It is the state’s largest public postsecondary institution and the nation’s largest singly accredited statewide community college system. It serves as the state’s engine of workforce development, offering high-value degree programs and training that are aligned with the needs of its communities, along with courses and programs that transfer to other colleges and universities in Indiana. It is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
About the Ivy Tech Foundation
The Foundation’s most important function is to provide support for Ivy Tech Community College beyond state appropriations and student fees. Its overall program of work focuses on meeting student needs. Invest IN Ivy Tech, a $285 million statewide fundraising campaign, provides greater opportunity for each of the College’s 19 campuses to educate, train, and support all 92 of Indiana’s counties. Learn more at www.ivytech.edu/InvestINIvyTech.
# # #