INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – Ivy Tech Community College has increased its tuition-free credential offerings thanks to the expansion of the State’s Next Level Jobs initiative. The initiative is part of Governor Holcomb’s Next Level Indiana agenda to continue the positive momentum of Indiana. Hoosiers can earn a free short-term certificate to prepare them for a career in a high-growth, in-demand job field.
Recent eligibility changes were also announced where Hoosiers with two- and four-year degrees are temporarily eligible for Next Level Jobs credentials. Additional eligibility requirements include: being an Indiana resident, having a high school diploma or GED/High School Equivalency, having not previously earned a Next Level Jobs certificate, and filing a FAFSA.
Ivy Tech’s recently added offerings include:
- Advanced Manufacturing non-credit: NIMS Industrial Technology Maintenance Level I, SACA Industry 4.0, Welding
- Building and Construction non-credit: NCCER – Carpentry, NCCER – CORE, NCCER – Electrical, NCCER – Plumbing, NCCER – Project Supervision
- Health and Life Sciences non-credit: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA), Phlebotomist
- Transportation and Logistics non-credit: Certified Logistics Technician (CLT), Certified Logistics Associate (CLA), Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Credit programs: Technical Certificate in Paramedic Science, Certificate in Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
“We are committed to expanding our August start offerings for Hoosiers who need to skill-up or find employment, especially with so many today experiencing challenges from the pandemic,” said Chris Lowery, senior vice president of workforce and careers, Ivy Tech Community College. “We know employers need skilled employees to fill job vacancies and most require a short-term certificate or training. Combine employer need with Ivy Tech’s ability to offer them free, thanks to the State of Indiana, and all Hoosiers benefit.”
Classes start at Ivy Tech on August 24 and prospective students still have time to get signed up for a Next Level Jobs program offering. For the full list of Next Level Jobs eligible programs visit: www.ivytech.edu/nextleveljobs .
About Ivy Tech Community College
Ivy Tech Community College serves communities across Indiana, providing world-class education and driving economic transformation. It is the state’s largest public postsecondary institution and the nation’s largest singly accredited statewide community college system. It serves as the state’s engine of workforce development, offering high-value degree programs and training that are aligned with the needs of its communities, along with courses and programs that transfer to other colleges and universities in Indiana. It is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.