Indianapolis, Ind. – Ivy Tech Foundation’s Women in Philanthropy Circle of Ivy will award $146,711 to 61 projects. The initiative raises funds to diminish barriers to higher education for Ivy Tech Community College students. Circle of Ivy has a statewide reach, with a focus specifically on campus needs and projects that positively impact students.
Since its inception in 2015, Circle of Ivy has grown to more than 750 members, with 424 added in 2018-2019 alone. In four years, the members have raised more than $495,000 to assist in 180 projects.
Each campus voted on submitted proposals and the following projects will be funded:
- Anderson Campus – Student Emergency Funds
- Bloomington Campus – Alternative Spring Break Professional Development, Classroom Catchbox Microphone, Day of College Expansion, Enabling the VR Classroom, Facing Freedom, Future of Money; Field Trip to Chicago Board of Exchange, Give & Take Food Pantry, Interactive Whiteboard, Outdoor Learning Lab
- Columbus Campus – Arduino Boards for Student Use in IOT Course, Diversity, Equity and Belonging Campus Programming, University Library Comicon, iGRAD Student Planners, Ivy Mac Tools, Robots for Advanced Programming, Visual Communications Department Camera Equipment
- Evansville Campus – ASAP Educational Trip – Live it. Learn it.
- Fort Wayne Campus – Chain of Lakes Correctional Facility Training Fund, Helping Hands
- Indianapolis Campus – Advancing Trauma-Informed Mental Health Services, Bear Necessities Sharing Shelves, Early Resource Connections Center: Supplying Students Life Support, Healthcare Clinical Transition Scholarship, Underground Railroad in Indiana
- Kokomo Campus – ASAP Enrichment-Fund-A-Friday, Cash for Completers, Ready for Success
- Lafayette Campus – Latino/Hispanic Outreach Initiative, PTK Scholarships, Respiratory Therapy Preceptor Appreciation Week, Screening of Film “My Name is Maria De Jesus” Followed by Discussion
- Lake County, Valparaiso, Michigan City Campuses – Road to Graduation!
- Lawrenceburg Campus – BIOL105 Red Wolf Sanctuary Field Trip, Making Student Travel to Indianapolis Possible-Salesforce Pathfinder Training Program, Service Learning: Improving our Community and Ourselves, Widen the Circle Conference
- Madison Campus – Career Development Etiquette Dinner, Study Abroad and Alternative Spring Break for Madison Campus
- Marion Campus – Women Interested in STEM Program Development/Emergency Funds
- Muncie Campus – Student Emergency Funds
- Richmond Campus – CNA Gait Belts, Community Outreach Wellness Supplies, Emergency NCLEX Funding, Enhancing the Psychology Curriculum, Go Pro for Professionalism, Ivy iClassroom, Small Scale 3-D Modeling
- Sellersburg Campus – Exit 9 Art Club NYC Trip, Slide Dryer (Warmer) for MLT Program and MLT Model Lab, Transitional Transportation
- South Bend/Elkhart Campus – Dress for Success Initiative
- Terre Haute Campus – Increase Campus Transit Stops, Students Without a Plan, Women in STEM Scholarships
- Warsaw Site – Emergency Textbook Fund, Loaner Laptop Program
- Statewide – Project Jump Start Operational Funds, Single Moms Success
To learn more about Circle of Ivy visit ivytech.edu/circleofivy.
About Ivy Tech Community College
Ivy Tech Community College serves communities across Indiana, providing world-class education and driving economic transformation. It is the state’s largest public postsecondary institution and the nation’s largest singly accredited statewide community college system. It serves as the state’s engine of workforce development, offering high-value degree programs and training that are aligned with the needs of its communities, along with courses and programs that transfer to other colleges and universities in Indiana. It is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.
About the Ivy Tech Foundation
The Foundation’s most important function is to provide support for Ivy Tech Community College beyond state appropriations and student fees. Its overall program of work focuses on meeting student needs. The Foundation’s work is made possible by donations from friends of Ivy Tech. The Foundation distributes these donations as designated by the donor to support students and the College’s strategic initiatives.
# # #