Ivy Tech Community College has awarded 19 faculty members with the President’s Award, which recognizes individuals who exemplify the mission of the College. This annual tradition, which began in 1983, awards one full-time faculty member per campus. Recipients are given a pre-tax award of $5,000 and a $1,000 grant for instructional supplies and materials.
Each President’s Award winner is eligible for the Founder’s Award, formerly known as the Glenn W. Sample Award for Excellence in Instruction. The winner of the Founder’s Award will be announced in a June ceremony.
“It is truly inspiring to see the incredible impact our faculty has on the lives of our students,” said Sue Ellspermann, president of Ivy Tech. “Their dedication both in and out of the classroom ensures student success and helps our students persist towards their educational and career goals.”
The list of winners from each campus include:
- Anderson – Jane Hall, Assistant Professor, School of Business
- Bloomington – Stacy Strand, Assistant Professor, Hospitality
- Columbus – Richard Lamborn, Psy.D., HSPP, Assistant Department Chair, Behavioral Sciences; Associate Professor, Psychology
- Evansville – Andrea Jefferson, Assistant Professor, School of Liberal Arts, Sciences and Education
- Fort Wayne – Anthony Ramey, Assistant Professor, Business Administration
- Indianapolis – Claire Maxson, Student Success Faculty; Foundations of Success Department Chair
- Kokomo – Laura Lanning, MA, LMHC, Department Chair, Public Affairs and Social Services
- Lafayette – Andrew Irrgang, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, School of Arts, Sciences and Education
- Lake County – Daniel Mallon, Assistant Professor, Human Services
- Lawrenceburg – Leighann Rechtin, Program Chair of Communication, English; General Studies Courses Associate Professor, Communication
- Madison – Annabet Garner, Program Chair, Healthcare Specialist and Medical Assisting
- Marion – Thomas Chester, Department Chair, School of Arts, Sciences and Education
- Michigan City – Paul Oman, Assistant Professor; Mathematics Program Chair
- Muncie – Autumn McNichols, Associate Professor, School of Arts, Sciences and Education
- Richmond – Scott Caldwell, Program Chair, Agriculture; Assistant Professor
- Sellersburg – Larry Hartog, Assistant Professor, School of Business
- South Bend/Elkhart – Brent Spring, Program Chair, Hospitality Administration
- Terre Haute – Carrie McCammon, Assistant Professor, Mathematics; Math Program Chair
- Valparaiso – Donald Spears, MA,HS-BCP, Associate Professor, Human Services
For more information about these awards, visit IvyTech.edu/PresidentsAwards.
About Ivy Tech Community College
Ivy Tech Community College serves communities across Indiana, providing world-class education and driving economic transformation. It is the state’s largest public postsecondary institution and the nation’s largest singly accredited statewide community college system. It serves as the state’s engine of workforce development, offering high-value degree programs and training that are aligned with the needs of its communities, along with courses and programs that transfer to other colleges and universities in Indiana. It is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.