INDIANAPOLIS – Ivy Tech Community College has awarded the Founder’s Award for Excellence in Instruction to Dr. Shelly Eisert, a faculty member at the Lawrenceburg campus. The Founder’s Award recognizes an individual who exemplifies the mission of Ivy Tech. The Founder’s Award, formerly known as the Glenn W. Sample Award for Excellence in Instruction, is the College’s highest honor and began in 1983. The winner is given a before-tax award of $5,000 and a $1,000 grant for instructional supplies and materials.
“Every year, the President’s Awards honor our most prestigious faculty for their accomplishments both in and out of the classroom,” said Dr. Sue Ellspermann, Ivy Tech Community College President. “The highest of these honors is the Founder’s Award, which is the highest honor we can bestow upon our faculty members. Dr. Eisert is the epitome of excellence and a true example of passion for teaching.”
Eisert, nurse educator and director of the Simulation Center for Medical Education, is also a captain in the United States Army Reserve Nurse Corp. In addition to this award, Eisert has also received numerous civilian and military awards for her work in the medical field. She continues her passion for research, nursing and education as she reports for training in Wisconsin. Eisert was also the recipient of the 2015 Ivy Tech Alumni Achievement Award.
Additional 2017 President’s Award recipients include:
- Northwest Region – Darlene Dulin, Assistant Professor, Healthcare Specialist
- North Central Region – Karen Gerbasich, Associate Professor, Nursing
- Northeast Region – Erin Salyers, Assistant Professor, Visual Communications and Design Technology
- Lafayette Region – Krishna Mishra, Associate Professor, Biotechnology
- Kokomo Region – Gwenn Eldridge, Associate Professor, English
- East Central Region – Mia Johnson, Assistant Professor, Human Services
- Wabash Valley Region – Scott Powell, Associate Professor, Sociology
- Central Indiana Region – Albert Rubenstein, Professor of Biology
- Richmond Region – Nancy Fort, Associate Professor, Education
- Columbus Region – Carmin Burrell, Assistant Professor, Chemistry
- Southeast Region – Shelly Eisert, Professor, Nursing
- Southwest Region – Donna Zimmerman, Associate Professor, Automation & Robotics Technology
- Southern Indiana Region – John Harris, Assistant Professor, Industrial Technology and Automation & Robotics Technology
- Bloomington Region – Kenin Krieger, Associate Professor, Human Services
About Ivy Tech Community College
Ivy Tech Community College is the state’s largest public postsecondary institution and the nation’s largest singly accredited statewide community college system. Ivy Tech has campuses throughout Indiana. It serves as the state’s engine of workforce development, offering affordable degree programs and training that are aligned with the needs of its community along with courses and programs that transfer to other colleges and universities in Indiana. It is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.