INDIANAPOLIS. – Ivy Tech Community College and Indiana Wesleyan University have partnered to create a statewide reverse transfer agreement for students who have transferred to Indiana Wesleyan University prior to completing their associate degree at Ivy Tech.
To be eligible for the reverse transfer program, students need to meet the following transfer policies and conditions:
- Students must have completed a minimum of 15 credit hours from Ivy Tech in order to be eligible for reverse transfer
- Student must be currently enrolled as an Indiana Wesleyan undergraduate
- Student must have no prior associate degree from Ivy Tech
- Students must have met all admission requirements for Indiana Wesleyan, including attaining at least a 2.0 GPA from Ivy Tech
- Once a student has attained 75 or more credit hours (including the minimum of 15 from Ivy Tech) they will be notified each semester of their potential eligibility for an Indiana Tech associate degree through reverse transfer until they opt-in or opt-out
“IWU has partnered closely with Ivy Tech for more than 20 years to offer Ivy Tech students a seamless pathway to Bachelor degree completion. Reverse transfer allows us to partner on an even deeper level – all with the goal of serving students well,” said David Rose, VP Marketing and Enrollment – National and Global Campus.
Through transcript review, Ivy Tech will be responsible for determining which Indiana Wesleyan courses will satisfy associate degree requirements, allowing for students to be awarded degrees. This process will take place in both the fall and spring semesters.
Since the creation of the reverse transfer degree, Ivy Tech has awarded 262 associate degrees. Ivy Tech Community College has partnered with several other institutions to offer reverse transfer, including: University of Southern Indiana, Indiana State University, Purdue University, Ottawa University, Trine University, University of Phoenix, Indiana Tech, and Western Governors University.
About Ivy Tech Community College
Ivy Tech Community College is the state’s largest public postsecondary institution and the nation’s largest singly accredited statewide community college system. Ivy Tech has campuses throughout Indiana. It serves as the state’s engine of workforce development, offering affordable degree programs and training that are aligned with the needs of its community along with courses and programs that transfer to other colleges and universities in Indiana. It is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.