INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – Ivy Tech Community College will celebrate its 6th annual Ivy Tech Days of Service, which will take place February 12 through February 18 in all regions statewide. Students, faculty and staff are invited to participate in hands-on service projects that have been organized with community and not-for-profit organizations around the state.
“This is a wonderful opportunity for students, faculty and staff to come together to serve others, support community organizations, and to learn more about the resources available in their local communities,” said Dr. Carey Treager Huber, assistant vice president for student and career development, Ivy Tech Community College. “Each campus will partner with service organizations in their community to provide projects for students, faculty and staff to complete together.”
Regional projects and/or volunteer locations include:
- Northwest Region: Blessing Blankets, Donation Drive, Random Acts of Kindness (RAK) Week
- Northcentral Region: Blessing Blankets
- Northeast Region: Random Acts of Kindness
- Lafayette Region: Stop Hunger Now Service Project, American Red Cross Blood Drive
- Kokomo Region: Kokomo and Cass County Humane Societies, Wellbrooke of Kokomo
- East Central Region: Helping Hand Food Pantry, Madison County Humane Society, Homeland Mission, Animal Rescue Fund (ARF)
- Wabash Valley Region: Catholic Charities
- Central Region: Gleaners Food Bank
- Richmond Region: Habitat for Humanity, Cope Environmental Center, Gateway Ministries, Red Cross
- Columbus Region: American Red Cross Blood Drive, Bartholomew County Humane Society, Sans Souci
- Southeast Region: Safe Passages of Indiana, Professional Clothing Drive, House of Hope Food Pantry
- Southwest Region: Evansville YMCA
- Sellersburg Region: Got Love, Spread the Love, Have a Heart
- Bloomington Region: Stop Hunger Now
A summary of all the various projects occurring across the college can be found at www.ivytech.edu/daysofservice. View photos and updates from the various events on social media using #ivyservice and #ivytechgivesback.
About Ivy Tech Community College
Ivy Tech Community College is the state’s largest public postsecondary institution and the nation’s largest singly accredited statewide community college system. Ivy Tech has campuses throughout Indiana. It serves as the state’s engine of workforce development, offering affordable degree programs and training that are aligned with the needs of its community along with courses and programs that transfer to other colleges and universities in Indiana. It is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.