First Group of Heartland Employees Graduate from Ivy Tech Community College
JEFFERSONVILLE, Ind., June 10, 2015 – Heartland Payment Systems (NYSE: HPY), one of the area’s largest employers and nation’s largest payment processors, today said it has helped 11 Heartland employees earn their associate degrees in business administration from Ivy Tech Community College.
Heartland established a program for employees in 2011 to aid them in earning two-year and four-year college degrees. A total of 10 employees comprise Heartland’s first group of graduates from Ivy Tech in May 2015. One Heartland employee earned their associate degree a year earlier.
- Eight Heartland employees and Ivy Tech students graduated with honors. The three levels of honors are summa cum laude for a 4.00 grade point average (GPA); magna cum laude for 3.75 to 3.99 GPA; and cum laude for 3.50 to 3.74 GPA.
- The 11 Heartland employees earning an associate degree, including their hometown and academic honor, are:
- Brian Carson, Clarksville, Ind., cum laude;
- Robert Erwin, Louisville, Ky., summa cum laude;
- Sara Estes, Clarksville, Ind., summa cum laude;
- Tiffany Franks, Palmyra, Ind.;
- Jason Gentry, Jeffersonville, Ind., summa cum laude;
- Aaron Hargett, Clarksville, Ind.;
- Jana Keen, Sellersburg, Ind., magna cum laude;
- Shawn Lasseter, New Albany, Ind., summa cum laude;
- Karri Lewis, Clarksville, Ind., cum laude;
- Jennifer Taylor, Sellersburg, Ind., cum laude; and
- Ashley Wilson, Jeffersonville, Ind.
- Heartland offers tuition, books and free classes to all full-time employees based in their Jeffersonville, Ind. service center. Classes are held at the Heartland facilities in Jeffersonville. Classes are taught by faculty members of Ivy Tech Community College.
- Robert O. Carr, chairman and chief executive officer, Heartland
“Our employees are the most important asset we have at Heartland. Without them, none of our accomplishments would be possible. I’m delighted to work with 11 Heartlanders who worked extremely hard to earn their associate degrees and many are on their way to extending their collegiate experiences. We applaud them for their outstanding efforts in the Ivy Tech classroom.”
- Chris Hargett, senior director of training, Heartland
“11 Heartland colleagues have reached a major milestone in their educational journeys. The have sacrificed a great deal in their personal lives to focus on earning their degrees, all while working full-time at our Heartland Service Center. We are proud of them and of their accomplishment.”
- Thomas J. Snyder, president, Ivy Tech Community College
“On behalf of Ivy Tech Community College, I congratulate the 11 Heartland employees on earning their associate degrees in business administration and encourage them to remain involved in advancing the Ivy Tech cause. Heartland is to be commended for offering their employees the opportunity to advance their educational dreams through a tuition-free program conducted by our outstanding faculty at Heartland’s service center in Jeffersonville.”
Editor’s Note: Ivy Tech is one the largest institution of higher education in Indiana and the nation’s largest single-accredited statewide community college system.
- [Photo] Robert Carr
- [Photo] Group of Heartland employees who earned associate degrees from Ivy Tech Community College
- Read about Ivy Tech Community College.
- Read about Heartland.
- Read about Heartland blog.
- For more information about Heartland’s news and activities, follow the company via Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, Facebook and YouTube.
Tags/Keywords: Heartland Payment Systems, Heartland, payment processor, Robert O. Carr, Ivy Tech Community College, Thomas J. Snyder
Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE: HPY), one of the largest payment processors in the United States, delivers credit/debit/prepaid card processing and security technology through Heartland Secure™ and its comprehensive Heartland breach warranty. Heartland also offers point of sale, mobile commerce, e-Commerce, marketing solutions, payroll solutions, and related business solutions and services to more than 400,000 business and educational locations nationwide.
A FORTUNE 1000 company, Heartland is the founding supporter of the Merchant Bill of Rights, a public advocacy initiative that educates merchants about fair credit and debit card processing practices. Heartland also established the Sales Professional Bill of Rights to advocate for the rights of sales professionals everywhere.